Meet The Inspector
The experience you need to purchase with confidence
At the forefront of ASAP Inspection Services is Kevin O’Donnell, a seasoned home inspector with more than 25 years of field experience. A native of the Hudson Valley and a current resident of Carmel, Kevin is intimately familiar with the area’s communities, neighborhoods, and builders. After graduating from Alfred State University in 1981, Kevin was granted a degree in Agricultural Engineering with a specialization in Power Machinery. He went on to work in residential and commercial construction, honing his skills in kitchen and bath remodels, ceramic tile installations, vinyl flooring, and carpet installation. Later, Kevin co-founded Banner Tile & Carpet in Brewster, NY.
Why choose Kevin O’Donnell of ASAP Inspection Services?
- Industry knowledge: There are plenty of good inspectors working from checklists—and then there are the truly great inspectors, the select few who have been in the trenches and have an intimate familiarity with all aspects of a home. With his in-depth knowledge of home building and local construction history, Kevin will provide you with the most thorough possible inspection.
- Ongoing education: To comply with the new state regulations for home inspectors and to stay abreast of industry developments, Kevin attended and graduated from the New York Real Estate Institute.
- Diverse background: In addition to home construction, renovations, and inspections, Kevin worked in real estate sales for several years, giving him a well-rounded skill set and an understanding of the entire sales process. He is also experienced in title closings and foreclosure purchases.
- Quality, not quantity. Unlike other inspectors, Kevin measures his success not by the number of inspections done each year, but by the precision and attention to detail with which they are performed. By taking on fewer jobs, he’s able to devote the necessary time and concentration to make sure they’re done right.
- Focus on relationships: A successful real estate transaction depends on open communication at every step along the way, including inspections. Kevin encourages clients to accompany him on inspections, during which he will point out specific defects and answer any questions.
With so many variables to consider—qualifications, education, experience, equipment, reporting methods, and pricing—it may seem difficult to choose the right inspector for you. Anyone can obtain training from a home inspection school, but it takes a bit more than that to deliver the kind of thorough, intelligent inspection you need to protect your best interests and ease the anxiety of such a major purchase.
Well-versed in the entire real estate market and buying/selling process, Kevin provides consummate inspection services to set your mind at ease. Learn more about our services, or contact us to schedule an inspection.
- CMI- Certified Mold inspector
- CIAQT - Certified Indoor air quality technician
- A.A.S. Agricultural Engineering, from Alfred State
- Termite Inspector certified by NY DEC# T3861896
- NYS Licensed Home Inspector. License #16000020330
- Member 'ESA' Environmental Solutions Association